Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The slow march to insanity

My wife and I are the proud parents of a baby boy. He is our tenth child. No, that is not a misprint or a joke, we have ten kids. Yes they are all ours together and yes, yes I do know what causes that to happen. No multiple births, no medically enhanced multiple litters, just a slow continuous march to insanity.

I remember when my wife and I were very young, saying to each other, "wouldn't a big family be great!" And it is, but it is not something for the timid of heart or the weak of stomach. Our 5 sons and 5 daughters are each a unique treasure and I can't imagine my life without each and every one of them.

But sometimes I can imagine it without finding my good socks upstairs in my son's drawer.

1 comment:

  1. Steve!! How come we didn't know about this blog! I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete